I have been going back and forth again about what I wanted to talk about in today’s Friday 5, and decided that the one topic that stands out among all others is gratitude. I have so much to be thankful for in my life, and while things are not perfect, they are pretty darn good! So here are 5 of the things that I am most grateful for…
1. My family! Yesterday I received a care package from my parents that included 3 bags of Lays Limon Potato Chips (I blogged about them in a previous Friday 5). My parents do things like this which is completely awesome! They have always supported me in everything that I have done and even though we live 1300 miles apart now, they are still looking out for me. My brother is included in all of this too… he is my sounding board and always comes to my rescue whenever I need him. I have been very blessed with my amazing family.
2. My friends! I have a lot of friends in real life and in the cyber-world, but there are a few who stand out above the rest. I know them all in real life and I know that they have my back whenever I need it. They have each been there for me in one way or another, providing me with support, insight, a refuge, whatever. Specifically I am referring to Jeremy, Octavio, Monique, Jeff, Terry, Joanna & Jaime… you all rock and make my life better with your presence.
3. My kitty! I have always loved cats and when I moved out on my own, I always talked about getting one. I am so happy that I brought Disney into my life, she gives me unconditional love and reminds me on a day-to-day basis that I am not alone in the world. I love nothing more than to wake up with her snuggled next to me (or on top of me), and I completely melt when she crawls in my lap while I’m reading.
4. My health! I am very grateful that I do not have to deal with any chronic health issues and that I am overall very healthy aside from the occasional cold or flu. Considering the fact that I was very obese (and am still technically considered obese), it is really amazing that I don’t have one or more chronic condition. Yes there are days that I feel my age when I wake up in the morning, but I still have what it takes to get my workouts in each day.
5. My blog! Now this one might sound a bit funny, but I am very grateful for what my blog has brought into my life. Since decided to become serious about blogging, I have been introduced to a variety of other really great bloggers. I have also been introduced to new products, new workouts, new ways of thinking, and have embraced the new community of healthy bloggers that I have joined. I am also grateful to my blog for giving me a place to share my ideas, my life and my struggles.
What are you grateful for today?