Ok there’s been a lot happening in my life lately and I haven’t had a ton of computer time, but I wanted to post an update of what I’m doing right now and some exciting stuff in the works!
1. Injury Update. My leg is feeling 100% better right now. After tweaking it a few times last weekend, I was afraid that I would still be feeling pain throughout the week, but I am feeling really good right now. I’ve done some short walks (.5 miles) and some stairs and have felt no issues at all. Monday I will resume walking to work, then Thursday I will begin walking home from work as well again. I am still holding off on running until I get back from San Diego, but think that I should be good to go with the rest of my workouts.
2. Weight Loss Update. After virtually no exercise over the last 2 weeks (compared to what I usually do), I have finally broken my plateau and dropped 1.4 lbs. To be fair, I have been really focused on my eating to make up for the lack of workouts, but I think the combination of needed rest and better eating is what combined to push me off the plateau and get me moving in a downward direction (scale-wise) again.
3. Personal Training Update: My study materials have arrived, so I have immersed myself into a new study schedule. ACE recommends giving yourself 3-6 months to prepare for the exam. I had already decided on a 6 month goal, so I am focusing on that right now. This is definitely taking up a lot of my time, so I have had to cut back on some other things (like computer time) to make room for studying in my schedule. But I am enjoying the whole studying aspect again… what can I say, I’m a student at heart!
4. Self-Hosted Blog Update: I have registered with a web-host and registered by domain name. I am still in the process of building my website (and considering I have no idea what I’m doing, this might take a while), but once I have it up and running, I will be starting to blog from there. Don’t worry, I’ll post here and let you know when that happens and give you all of the info for the new site (and new and improved blog!).
5. Work Update: My hours have gone up at work due to vacations right now, so I have less time for the rest of the stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I love having more hours, but sometimes when its slow, I start thinking about everything that’s not getting accomplished at home. My primary focus is on my fitness, blog & studies, but I am still putting in the necessary hours at work. Plus it looks like I might be getting promoted again in November!
6. Trip Update: When I started planning my trip home it seemed so far away, now there’s just a month left! I’m starting to get really excited (not that I wasn’t before) and starting to plan out what I am packing to take with me. I am also trying to slowly pick up a couple of new clothing items since most of what I own is getting too big. I just picked up a pair of size 12 jeans (I love that I can shop in regular stores now!), and might pick up another pair of pants or a new workout outfit before I go as well.
7. Social Activities Update: In addition to working, studying, getting ready for my trip, etc; I have also been doing some fun social stuff too! On Saturday, I went to a German themed barbecue for one of my roommate’s friend’s birthdays. Then today we went to Emerald Downs to catch the closing day of the racing season. I had never been to a horse race before, so it was a lot of fun! I think there was also a movie night at the $3 cinema in there somewhere as well. AND tomorrow is my 1 year “roomieversary” celebrating a full year living with my roommate. We have nothing planned, but it’s just something fun to note.
As you can see a lot has been going on! As a matter of fact, I started writing this post on Saturday afternoon and am just now finishing it on Sunday night! That should tell you how crazy my time has been lately!
I would love to hear from you… How have you been keeping busy lately?