It’s Friday!!! (Of course it’s also my Monday this week ) Time for another edition of Friday 5! This week I’m taking on my Fitness Bucket List, so without further ado, here we go!
1. Climb a rock wall. I don’t think I’m brave enough to try actual rock climbing out in the open (not fear of falling, fear of reptiles!), but I really want to climb a rock wall! I need to continue working on my upper body strength for this one. I might make it a reward, maybe when I hit a healthy BMI…
2. Run a race at Disney. Any race! Eventually I would like to run at both Disneyland and WDW, but Disneyland is my primary goal since that was my home away from home when I lived in California. I was originally supposed to run my 1st 5k there a few years ago, but I wasn’t able to. (Of course I still haven’t run my 1st 5k yet, so it’s still a possibility).
3. Complete a Color Run. Because it just looks like so much fun!
4. Complete a Warrior Dash/ Mud Run. Again this looks like a lot of fun and will also force me to confront some fears in a manner that I would be able to conquer them!
5. Run the boardwalk from the jetty to the pier at Mission Beach in San Diego. This was one of my favorite walking locations back home and I would love to be able to run the entire distance (5 miles round trip or 2.5 one-way). I want to try to do at least the one-way distance when I am home in October.
It’s a good thing my new running shoes are on their way since so many of my goals involve running! I’m going to talk about my choices for running plans on Tuesday and will be kicking off my new running program as soon as my shoes arrive (estimated delivery date is next Friday, but could be here sooner).