This month I participated in the Foodie Pen Pal exchange and I was very excited! One of my favorite bloggers (and a friend) has been a member from almost the beginning and every month I kept saying I wanted to join, so I finally did! I had so much fun in May picking out the items to send to my pen pal and tasting the treats I received. So here we go without further ado!
I received my box from Colleen at The Chocolate Mile and it was full of great things! She even colored a picture for me!
There were two really great sauces for chicken, a Buffalo Wing Sauce that my roommate and I both loved. We cooked the chicken in it, then continued to add more as we were eating it, so yummy! The other sauce is Chiavetta’s Barbeque Marinade. I haven’t had a chance to try this one yet, but when I do I will definitely use Colleen’s advice and marinate the chicken for 24 hours for added flavor.
The very first thing I opened was this apple spread! It is so yummy and contains just 2 ingredients… apples and apple cider. I am really trying to cut back on heavily processed foods, so this was perfect. And when I tried it on pancakes, I knew I wouldn’t be needing syrup for a while!!
The other star in this box was the Divine Mint Dark Chocolate candy bar… yum! Because this bar was so rich and delicious, I was able to break it up and savor it over several days. It was definitely minty and had little bits of mint candies in the chocolate to give it a little crunch. I absolutely loved it! Of course I am a sucker for dark chocolate, but that just made it all the better!
My box this month was sent to Katie, who is a blog reader but doesn’t have her own blog. But I did get this response from her:
I got your Foodie box yesterday! All I can say is YUM! I am so excited to try this stuff! Thank you for everything!!
So how can you get involved in Foodie Pen Pals, you wonder? Here’s all the info:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. -Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for June, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You will also find contact information on that page for the UK branch of Foodie Penpals if you’re a blogger across the pond!
You must submit your information by June 4th as pairings will be emailed on June 5th!
What would you have sent your foodie pen pal if you had participated?