Ok, so the title of this blog makes me seem a little self-centered, but really I’m not. And yes, in a way all of my blogs are about me, but this particular blog picks up where last Friday’s left off with 5 more things about me. Last week I revealed that I have a cat, I love country music, I am a writer, I enjoy NASCAR & baseball, and I will read pretty much anything. Here are this week’s revelations:
1. I love all things Disney! As you may have guessed by my cat’s name, I am a pretty big fan of Disney. I grew up in Southern California and went to Disneyland often as a child. As an adult, I had an annual pass and would go pretty much every 6 weeks. I always referred to Disneyland as my “happy place.” I have been to Walt Disney World in Florida once, and didn’t want to leave. I have almost every Disney movie made (and have no children). My favorite characters are Eeyore and Cinderella. And I really want to go on a Disney cruise!
2. My favorite color is pink. Yes, I know I said that pink is Disney’s signature color, but really that’s because I love it! I don’t wear a lot of pink, but if pink is an option color for anything from pens to folders to tote bags, I am probably going to pick the pink. What can I say, its my girly nature coming out!
3. I am a career retailer. While I am working towards a career in the fitness industry now, I have worked in the retail industry for twenty years. Part of that time was customer service behind the scenes for retail companies, but most of it has been on the sales floor, in the store, hard-core retail. For most of those 20 years I have been in management positions, which means lots of headaches, but also a lot of challenge and diversity. This is especially true considering I have worked for a variety of companies including a department store, historic hotel boutique, major greeting card franchise, occupational footwear company, pet supply store corporate office and (currently) a supplement store.
4. Last week I mentioned books, music and sports, but I am also a movie addict. I have a huge collection of DVDs ranging from romantic comedies to suspense with just about everything in between (including the Disney movies mentioned earlier). I love to see movies in the theater and also at home curled up in front of the TV. I prefer to have a bag of popcorn with me when I’m watching movies, but can go without when necessary. But I need to get to the theater early to pick a good seat and see all of the previews. I hate getting into the theater after the previews start!
5. I miss my car… desperately! I have not had a car for just over a year now and I really miss it! While I am able to get around using public transportation or walking, I miss the freedom having a car gave me. Now I have to plan in extra time to walk where I need to go or plan my trip around the bus schedule… this makes it really hard to be spontaneous. Plus waiting 30 minutes or more for the bus at night when I get off work gets really tiring when all I want to do is go home. I am really hoping that I’ll be able to afford a used car by the end of the year, even if it’s just a beater, but we’ll have to see how things go…
So there you have it, another look into the parts of my life aside from fitness and healthy eating. As I mentioned before, it is these little pieces that help to give my life balance and make me who I am. I’ll share 5 more pieces with you next week.
How attached are you to your car?