Since its Friday, I thought I would share 5 random things about myself that have nothing to do with my weight-loss journey and everything to do with the rest of my life.
1. I am the proud mama to a 4-year-old tuxedo kitten named Disney who is the light of my life! She entertains me daily and reminds me that I am loved. She is the traditional black and white and I just adore her and spoil her rotten!!
2. I love music!! I always have music playing in the background, especially when I’m working out. While I like most types of music, and even played an instrument back in high school, my go to music is Country!!! I love all of it, though my favorites are Sugarland, Rascal Flatts, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Gary Allan and Taylor Swift.
3. I am a total bookworm. I love to read, and read from a wide variety of topics. One of my favorite categories right now are memoirs… especially those involving cooking or travel. But I also love romantic suspense, young adult series and fitness or writing books as well. Right now I am currently reading 9 different books!
4. There are two sports that I love to watch… baseball and NASCAR. I am from San Diego and will always be a die-hard Padres fan, though am starting to root for the Mariners now that I am living in Seattle. And as far as drivers are concerned, my number one is definitely Tony Stewart!!!
5. I am an aspiring writer… and not just of blogs! I have been writing poetry since I was very young and have even had a few poems published. I am also toying with the idea of a novel and am doing research for some article ideas that I want to pitch in the near future.
So that’s a quick look at some of the other pieces involved in my life that work alongside my healthy lifestyle. As I have said before, I think a truly healthy lifestyle involves balance! I plan to share more about these pieces in later blogs, and also to share additional pieces of my life as we go along.
Tonight’s blog is pretty short, I know. But I have actually written it twice because there was an error when I tried to post it the first time (grrr!). But it’s also pretty late and I am ready to head for bed.
Are there any pieces of your life that you would like to share?