Sometimes I have to remind myself that living a healthy life is about balancing everything that needs to happen. There are some days that some things need to be set aside so that others can take priority. I am getting to this blog posting a little late tonight because I was trying so hard to finish something that isn’t a priority and I had to remind myself to just let it go.
So I wanted to share my goals for January with everyone. I have another blog within a weight loss/ healthy community I belong to (http://www.sparkpeople.com). (I’m CAdreamer2011) On that blog I listed my fitness goals for January, but I wanted to list all of my January goals here, because my life is about more than just fitness!
1. Walk to and from school and work. I decided to save money and not get a bus pass this month, so I am forcing myself to get in some more activity if I want to go anywhere! It is just under 2.5 miles one-way to school (slightly less to work and the gym), so I will be getting close to 5 miles a day.
2. Attend 2 Zumba classes a week. I love Zumba and I pay for a gym membership, so I might as well use it!
3. Take my vitamins. I tend to be low on certain key nutrients, especially calcium, so I need to make sure that I am taking my supplements to ensure that my health is the best it can be.
4. Drink water. Somehow I had gotten away from my usual 10-12 cups of water a day… I wasn’t even getting 4 some days! So I am dedicating January to getting my H2O back to where it should be.
5. Meditate every night. At the beginning of 2011 I had started meditating, before all of the changes started happening that threw me off track. I want to get back to that and start meditating in the evenings again.
6. Write poetry again. I have written poetry since I was a child, it has always been a way to express myself and work through issues in my life. I lost that in 2011 and I want to get it back!
7. Develop a second income source. Right now I am only working part-time while I am going to school and money is always very tight. I am usually stressing out about how I am going to cover the rent or eat at any given time. I want to generate a second income source in January to help stabilize my finances
8. Blog at least 3 times per week. Honestly I want to blog at least 5 times per week, but realistically I know that my time may be limited for blogging this month. I have so many plans for things that I want to do with this blog!
9. Be consistent with my participation in challenges. I am involved in several fitness and weight loss challenges on Sparkpeople this month. Most of the fitness activities overlap, but I want to remain active and consistent in posting to the challenge threads.
So those are my January goals! What are your goals for this month??